Friday, November 16, 2012

Best movies of my life #20

28 Days Later
I'm sure a that there are a couple of you thinking, "really? That's one of the 20 best movies in the last 18 years?" Well it's my damn list and I say it is. And the reason it is is because it is a culturally relevant movie. It's not often we get a movie that completely changes a genre. Before this movie the zombie genre was dying, the ideas were stale and washed up. But in 2002 Danny Boyle released 28 Days Later which breathed live back into zombie movies. What actually makes this movie unique actually seems insignificant. 28 Days Later was one of the first movies to have fast zombies and zombies made through infection. And since the films release there have been dozens (maybe even hundreds) of movies and video games that have tried to follow the 28 Days Later formula (very few have succeeded). And I've got to give Danny Boyle props for this movie, he made it for the price of a bowl of ramen and made like a 100 million. So the reason this is number 20 on my list is not just because it is a great movie, but it's also one of the most influential movies in years.

1 comment:

  1. need to see this. though I'm pretty sure many hardcore zombie fans hate this movie for the reasons stated about revolutionizing and crap.

    ReplyDelete