Monday, November 19, 2012

Best Movies of my life #18

Spirited Away
When I first heard about Spirited Away I didn't think I would like it, but in reality I was amazed at how moving it would be. The story revolves around a young girl who has her parents taken away from her and is transported to another world. And the only way she can get them back is if she works for the owner of a supernatural bathhouse for demons, spirits, and monsters. So this young girl has to adjust to her new life and learn to work with the spirits of this world in order to gain her life back. You can never really put your finger on what's going to happen next in this movie. When you think one thing is going to happen, the opposite does. And the shear uniqueness of everything in this film keeps you engaged until the last second. An epic fantasy about overcoming adversity and the love of a daughter. And one of the best animated movies ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment