Friday, August 16, 2013

Kick-Ass 2 Review

Every night I turn on my computer and see what's happening in the world, usually it's not good news. You see stories of murder, rape, kidnapping, and more; it makes you wonder what happened to make the world what it is. Honestly, sometimes I want to go fix the problems myself. Put on a mask and go fight crimes, just try and help make the world a better place. Unfortunately this isn't a comic book, in real life you try something like that and you're going to end up with a bullet in your head. But I always wondered what would happen if there were real life super heroes, well Kick-Ass explains what would happen. The story of Kick-Ass revolves around a high school kid named Dave, who in the previous movie was hit by a car which kill damaged a lot of his nerves giving him a high pain tolerance. Eventually he put on the costume and starting fighting crime alongside two other vigilantes, Hit Girl and Big Daddy. The events of this movie take place a while after the first, Kick-Ass (Dave) isn't sure what direction his life is heading and Hit Girl is starting high school and is struggling to live an average teenage life. Kick-Ass decides the best thing he can do would continue being a super hero, so with the help of Hit Girl he trains every day. While all this is going on, the first true super villain is hatching a plan. A young man named Chis decides to seek revenge on Kick-Ass for killing his father in a previous movie. Formerly known as Red Mist, Chris dawns a new cape and dubs himself the Mother F*cker (I'm not even joking, that's what he calls himself). He decides the only way to kill Kick-Ass is to get as much help as he can, so he decides to start an evil villain team. Not knowing he's in danger, Kick-Ass joins a team of his own made up of average people looking to be heroes. They mostly do community service and set out to help people, but they bust some skull occasionally. So Kick-Ass and his team gear up for the fight of their lives, because the Mother F*cker is coming from him and he wants revenge. I really liked the first Kick-Ass, it was a big surprise. I thought it was going to be terrible from watching the trailers but it turned out to be one of my favorite movies of the year. And I'll go ahead and say it; Kick-Ass 2 is not as good as the original. It didn't feel as original and didn't have the heart that the first one did; but I still really enjoyed this movie. Probably my favorite aspects of the movie would the characters and the actors portraying them, they did a great job. I felt every actor give it their all, no one phoned it in. But of everyone, Chloe Grace Moretz (Hit Girl) steals the show. She's awesome as Hit Girl, if there's a single reason to go see this movie it would be her. Like the previous movie Kick-Ass 2 is funny, it made me laugh on a couple occasions. I'd also like to mention that the movie does earn its R rating; there's a lot of violence, swearing, and sexual content. When I was at the theater they even carded me twice, once when I bought the ticket and another time when they rip the ticket and half and point you to the room. This is a fun movie; it's somewhat dark while not taking itself too seriously. While it doesn't quiet live up to the original, it's still a very enjoyable and fun superhero movie. 

3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment