Saturday, January 26, 2013

Movie 43 Review

I'm not going to sugar coat it, this movie sucks. It is complete and utter garbage, and an insult to the viewers intelligence. I'm fairly certain somebody had to sell their soul to get this piece of sh*t made. The movie is made up of shorts that are being pitched to a studio executive to get it made into a movie, and the shorts are the movie that he's pitching. There are about ten or so shorts in the movie, and I'm dead serious here, one is funny. And it's the one we see in trailer about the basketball team. It's called Movie 43 because there are 43 established actors in it, and that is what makes me angry. A lot of these actors very good, many have been nominated for Oscars. They are better than this, they don't need to make movies like this. Another thing that bothered me about this movie is that the humor is low brow, juvenile, and just plain stupid. One of the shorts was an eight minute sh*t joke, literally. The movie is also unnecessarily vulgar and provocative,with each scene being very strange and random. The first scene is Kate Winslet on a date with Hugh Jackman and Hugh has a pair of testicles on his neck. I'm dead serious, that's the joke and it's like 10 minutes long. And like in every other scene in the movie, each short is centered around one joke and they stretch it out the entire time. At this point I've said everything I've had to say. Don't see this movie under any circumstances. I'm actually mad at my self for seeing this instead of Hansel and Gretel With Hunters, which I've heard is also terrible. Movie 43 even recognizes it is stupid. The studio executive calls the script "this centuries Howard the Duck" (one of the worst movies ever), and then they make you watch the movie the guy is pitching. It's literally making fun of its self. Movie 43 is easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen, if you plan on going to the movies any time soon you should watch anything else. This is actually the first movie I've seen in theaters and considered walking out of. It's like a really bad SNL episode. Watching this was a waste of a Saturday afternoon, should have re-watched Django or something. .5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment