Thursday, December 20, 2012

Octopussy Review

Like I said in my Skyfall review, James Bond may be my favorite film series. And I hate this movie with a passion. What the Phantom Menace was to star wars, this was to James Bond. Released in 1983 and starring the legendary Roger Moore (who unfortunately for him was under contract and had to do this piece of sh*t whether he wanted to or not), the film was met with less that favorable reviews. The story of this movie is convoluted and all over the place, even more than your usual Bond film. There's this guy stealing jewels from the Russians, they trace him back to an Arabian prince, and they're trying to destroy Europe with nukes or something. At a certain point this makes Moonraker look plausible. Needless to say this is not Roger Moore's best performance, to be honest this may be his worst. Another thing that bothered me was the Bond girl, she's terrible. She's boring, pointless, and more forgettable than any other other actress to appear in the entire series. The Bond girl doesn't have to be a good actress or even a well written character, but I expect them to be better than she was. Octopussy is absolutely terrible, this is one of those movies I wish was never made. True garbage and undoubtedly the worst movie in the entire James Bond franchise. Not even worth the time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment